Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to One Pound Direct Debit Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|One Pound Direct Debit Ltd, or us||One Pound Direct Debit Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10272900 whose registered office is at 63-66 Hatton Garden, Fifth Floor Suite 23, London, United Kingdom, EC1N 8LE;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by One Pound Direct Debit Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to One Pound Direct Debit Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.onepounddd.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as your email address;
- This information is mandatory, which means that it will not be possible to sign up for an account without it.
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR from 25th May 2018, One Pound Direct Debit Ltd is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit until you decide to close your account.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. One Pound Direct Debit Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict and object to our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. sharing Data with third parties; and
19. the processing of your personal Data.
20. You retain the right of portability, this means the right to retain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose.
- Cookies are small pieces of information that the Website places on your computer’s hard disk, on your tablet or on your smartphone. Note that HTML5 introduced Web Storage that has a similar nature to Cookies, and that we therefore consider that as a Cookie in the following.
- Cookies contain information that the Website uses to make the communication between you and your web browser more efficient. Cookies identify your computer or device rather than you as an individual user.
- We use session cookies, persistent cookies, HTML5 sessionStorage and HTML5 localStorage session cookies and HTML5 sessionStorage objects are temporary in nature and are deleted when you exit your web browser. Persistent cookies are permanent in nature and are stored and remain on your computer until they are deleted. Persistent cookies expire or auto delete after a certain period of time, which is set per cookie, but are renewed each time you visit the Website. HTML5 localStorage objects are permanent in nature and remain on your computer until they are deleted.
Accessing your own Data
22. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by One Pound Direct Debit Ltd (where such Data is held).
23. You have the right to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete data.
24. You have the right to erasure without any reason to why you wish to discontinue.
25. Data security is of great importance to One Pound Direct Debit Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
26. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
27. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
30. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
33. If you have questions or concerns about our Policy, how we process your personal information, or would like us to correct your personal information, feel free to contact us at: contact@OnePoundDD.com.
24 May 2018